a) “Personal Information” means information that identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone number or email address;
b) “We”, “us” and “our” refer to the Newsletter Owner; and
c) “You” and “your” refer to visitors of the Newsletter.
a) Privacy policies should be easy to understand, comprehensive, and easy to locate.
b) Only the minimum amount of Personal Information reasonably necessary to provide you with services on the Newsletter should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required.
d) Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and if your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified by email when circumstances require us to provide a third party with your Personal Information.
3. The provisions below are divided into two main categories:
a) Personal Information,
b) Other Provisions.
These provisions set out specific details about how we handle your Collected Data, in keeping with the Principles. If a situation arises that is not covered by the specific provisions below, then we use the Principles to guide us in dealing with that situation.
A. Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information
4. We do not collect and do not require you to provide Personal Information when you simply view the Newsletter. If you choose to subscribe to the Newsletter we collect Personal Information only when you subscribe or sign up to receive the Newsletter.
Use of Personal Information
5. We use the Personal Information you provide to us in order to respond to your request and to provide you with the interaction you requested.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except in the following instances:
a) We may share Personal Information with our contractors and service providers in order to deliver and distribute our newsletter.
b) We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in a good-faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
a) take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
c) comply with the law or legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; or
d) protect our rights, reputation, and >
7. If we are required by law to provide a third party with your Personal Information and if we have collected and retained an email address for you, then we will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or unless we are otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Updating your Personal Information
8. To the extent that we collect your Personal Information for the purpose of the Newsletter, we provide you with the means to update or correct your Personal Information.
B. Other Provisions
Security of Personal Information Collected
9. We have implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to Collected Data that we store and control. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access Collected Data, other information, transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice if any such security breach occurs.
Acquisition or Similar Transaction
a) notify you, by a reasonably prominent notice on the Website, and by emailing you if your email address has been collected and retained, and
12. At any time, you may choose to unsubscribe to our Newsletter by utilizing the ‘opt out’ link provided to you at the bottom of the Newsletter. Once you have opted out, you will no longer receive PacNet’s Newsletter.
PacNet Services Ltd. Attention: Marketing 4th Floor – 595 Howe Street Vancouver, BC V6C 2T5